VIRTUAL GLOBAL SUMMIT CONFERENCE
Breaking the Cycle of Violence: EMDR Interventions for Recovery from and Prevention of Interpersonal Violence
May 2-3, 2020
6.5 credits per day: EMDRIA, Psychologists, MSW LMFT, LMHC, LPC and other masters level NBCC approved clinicians. NY CEs by arrangement.
May 2: 9:00am to 5:00pm EDT
May 3: 9:00am to 5:00pm EDT
Options to participate via
- remote live stream
- video recording after the event (this option is included with livestream registration)
Option to watch as a community from remote locations at a discounted rate
Discounts for non-profit agency professionals and groups
Fund Raising Event– A portion of Conference proceeds will go to the EMDR Research Foundation to fund topic related research.
The VERVE Boston Natick, 1360 Worcester Street, Route 9, Natick, MA 01760
CLICK BELOW FOR:
Program Fees (includes 13 CEs):
$295 if sent by April 15, 2020
$325 if sent after April 15, 2020
$195 if sent by April 15, 2020
$225 if sent after April 15, 2020
$30 discount per day for clinicians working for non-profits (30+ hours a week)
Full refunds until April 15, 2020; then 80% until April 24; no refunds after April 24, 2020.
LIVESTREAM/DELAYED VIEWING: When you purchase the livestream/delayed viewing (all one option), BeaconLive will provide you with instructions on how to access the program including tech support contact info. You can then watch any part or all of the program while it is happening and email in questions as it occurs. The pre-recorded program will be available within a few days after the live version. You can then watch the program whenever you’d like for 90 days (with a $40 per month extension available if you want more time). At the end of the program, you will see prompts to a quiz to demonstrate your participation. Once you pass the quiz (unlimited chances), you’ll have access to a downloadable CE certificate.
GROUP DISCOUNT RATE: This rate is designed so that local colleagues can both co-register at reduced rates and have the option to link up for collaborative discussions about the training content. As a group member, you have many viewing options. You can simply watch the training individually or you can watch parts or all of it with your group members. You’ll have access to the livestream and the recorded training for 90 days after the training to watch/rewatch. You can create any opportunities you want to discuss and practice the techniques together. Please understand that it is unethical for non-paying clinicians to participate in the livestream/delayed viewing option.
The rates are as follow:
- 4 or more clinicians: $30 off per person per day
- Once a group has been formed, the group organizer (captain) should register and, in the box below, indicate others in the group. Then those other group members can register using the group rate at checkout. Four are needed to start the group but additional members can add themselves to the group by mentioning their group leader’s name.
This global summit conference offers two days of wide-ranging presentations by over 15 EMDR thought leaders. Presentations have been coordinated to be concise portrayals of a range of innovative conceptual approaches combined with practice intervention ideas.
Interpersonal violence is one of the greatest causes of human trauma. An insidious violation of human sanctity, the traumatizing and lasting effects are well documented. Yet treatments that foster meaningful recovery for survivors of violence are limited in both availability and impact. Furthermore, interventions targeted to reduce or prevent the perpetuation of human violence are even more scarce. Unaddressed, the “cycle of violence” continues and can be observed within a wide range of types of interpersonal violence that include intimate partner violence, family/parental violence, gender-based violence, rape and sexual abuse, bullying/harassment, suicide/self-harm, first responder/military exposure to violence, intergroup violence, social and cultural discrimination and oppression, and war/genocide. Given the magnitude of this problem and despite the evidence-based validity of EMDR as a unique and powerful treatment for trauma and adversity, EMDR presentations, articles, research, and collaborative discussion on this topic have been limited and need further development.
This conference will be the first-ever global teaching-learning event to present and advance EMDR-based interventions to address interpersonal violence. Presenters at the conference will be pioneering thinkers and contributors who will speak to the needs of individual EMDR practitioners, organizational leaders, intervention project designers, and researchers. Participants will be informed about an array of cutting-edge developments in individual and group intervention protocols and strategies. Overall, this unique training event is designed to improve clinical skills, promote research, and to catalyze collaborative development of EMDR as an intervention for interpersonal violence.
This conference will offer many similar features of the highly acclaimed 2018 conference on EMDR Early Intervention. Presentations will be varied and relatively brief (most 30-90 minutes) and will include intervention concepts and strategies, specific EMDR methods and protocols, and supporting materials. An “all in one room” format means presenters will be participants at each other’s presentations, and participants will not have to choose between workshops. This format will create a shared body of knowledge and stimulate collaborative discussion. In addition to individual presentations, the program will include moderated panel discussions that aim to produce ‘here and now’ integration of the content the conference will generate. Opportunities will also be provided for formal and informal collaborative discussions including meetings on special interest topics.
This conference is for you if you are:
- A clinician interested in more effective EMDR strategies for your clients who have experienced violence related trauma
- A clinician interested in more effective EMDR strategies for the your clients who act out with aggression or abuse
- A clinician or organization wanting to establish EMDR based violence intervention services
- A clinician or organization treating first-responders and active duty military
- An EMDRIA Approved Consultant or EMDR Trainer who wants to be informed of cutting-edge interventions
- A TRN, CRN or other community based Early Intervention Specialist wanting additional strategies for post-violence interventions
- A researcher interested in designing and/or conducting EMDR topic related research
- A humanitarian stakeholder, NGO representative, allied professional, or donor interested in learning about EMDR-based services for interpersonal violence
- Single track, everyone in the same room participation to build a shared knowledge base
- Opportunities for special interest groups’ discussions, and time for informal meetings with colleagues
- Participation via livestream and/or watch the recorded sessions over a 90 day period
- 2 days of concise, wide-ranging presentations
- Experienced presenters from six countries
- First ever EMDR gathering focused on reducing the impact of interpersonal violence
- Innovative and cutting edge EMDR integrated intervention strategies
- Treatment methods designed for recovery and prevention
- Practical EMDR recommendations with handout materials
- 6.5 CE credits per day: EMDRIA, psychologists, MSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC and other NBCC approved clinicians
- Fund Raising Event: A portion of conference proceeds will go to the EMDR Research Foundation to fund topic related research
- Discounted rates for non-profit agency professionals, groups and more
EMDR Advanced Training and Distance Learning, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards. Full completion of an EMDRIA approved basic EMDR training is required. Advanced Psychotherapy Trainings is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Advanced Psychotherapy Trainings maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required. NY CEs by arrangement.Please direct further questions to email@example.com