presented by Dolores Mosquera
12 CEs (6 per day): EMDRIA, Psychologists, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC and other NBCC approved masters level clinicians
9:00 AM ET • 8:00 AM CT • 7:00 AM MT • 6:00 AM PT
Attention on-site registrants: Participant numbers will be limited due to COVID related conditions so register early. In addition, vaccination verification will be required of all on-site participants. The hotel employs state-of-the-art cleaning, air circulation and other COVID aware procedures. In addition to state mandates, other public health practices such as required masks and seating distancing will be determined as we get closer to the event. Participants registered for on-site can switch to the livestream/recorded option or receive a full refund, up to one week before the event.
Hampton Inn Boston/Natick
319 Speen Street
Natick, MA 01760
Livestream/on-demand viewing: This option includes participation via livestream during the training and/or access to the recorded training for 90 days following the live event.
- Option to watch as a community from remote locations at a discounted rate
- Discounts for non-profit agency professionals and groups (information below)
Program Fees (includes 6 CEs):
BOTH DAYS: $295 if sent by April 23; $335 thereafter
$30/day discount for clinicians working for non-profits (30+ hours a week)
LIVESTREAM/ON-DEMAND VIEWING: When you purchase this on-demand viewing option, BeaconLive will provide you with instructions on how to access the program and tech support contact info. You can then watch the program whenever you’d like for 90 days (with a $40 per month extension available if you want more time). At the end of the program, you will see prompts to a quiz to demonstrate your participation. Once you pass the quiz (unlimited chances), you’ll have access to a downloadable CE certificate.
Full refunds until April 13, 2022; then 80% until 1 week before training, no refunds after May 6, 2022.
Personality Disorders are usually challenging for clinicians. Clients with this diagnosis often present with high-risk behaviors, difficulties in self-regulation, impulsivity, and severe interpersonal relationships issues. Some clients, especially those with Borderline Personality Disorder, also present with self-harming behaviors, suicidal ideation, and a risk and/or history of suicide attempts. Others, such as Antisocial Personality Disorder clients, present with poor impulse control and aggressive reactions, which can be frightening for themselves and others, including clinicians. Other types of difficulties typically emerge in the treatment of other specific personality disorders with a range of severity of these features.
Given the challenges presented by personality disorders and the strong affect that EMDR reprocessing may mobilize in our clients, clinicians must be able to recognize countertransference issues. Understanding these problems and how to manage them is crucial to avoid getting stuck during EMDR reprocessing. Clinicians working with Personality Disorders need to be very attentive to what gets triggered in themselves to be able to see beyond the defensive responses in both client and therapist.
This workshop aims to help participants understand Personality Disorders from the Adaptive Information Processing model perspective. Case conceptualization and target selection based on the different presentations will be addressed.
|Day 1 Training Schedule (all times Eastern):
|| Day 2 Training Schedule (all times Eastern):
Learning Objectives- Participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between borderline personality disorder and covert narcissistic presentations
- Describe different types of Dysfunctional Stored Information with Personality Disorders
- Establish the connecting thread between the client´s symptoms and early trauma
- Identify frequent defenses in Phase 1
- Describe at least 5 defensive regulation strategies
- Describe at least 3 examples of therapist countertransference with Personality Disorders
- Describe strategies to manage countertransference
- Describe the role of dysfunctional positive affect in Personality Disorders
- Identify a variety of strategic targets for reprocessing
- Describe how to organize treatment planning depending on the type of personality disorder
- Describe at least 4 different problems that arise during Phases 3 to 7 of EMDR Therapy
- Describe at least 3 adapted EMDR procedures for Personality Disorders and complex trauma
About the presenter:
|Dolores Mosquera is a psychologist and psychotherapist. She is the director of the Institute for the Study of Trauma and Personality Disorders (INTRA-TP), a private institution where she has worked with EMDR for many years on cases related to severe traumatization. She is an EMDR Europe Consultant and Facilitator. She has extensive teaching experience, leading seminars, workshops and lectures internationally. She has published many books and articles on personality disorders, complex trauma and dissociation and is a recognized expert in this field.|
GROUP DISCOUNT RATE: This rate is designed so that local colleagues can both co-register at reduced rates and have the option to link up for collaborative discussions about the training content. As a group member, you have many viewing options. You can simply watch the training individually or you can watch parts or all of it with your group members. You’ll have access to the livestream and the recorded training for 90 days after the training to watch/rewatch. You can create any opportunities you want to discuss and practice the techniques together. Please understand that it is unethical for non-paying clinicians to participate in the livestream/on-demand viewing option.
The rates are as follow:
- 4 or more clinicians: $30 off per person per day
- Once a group has been formed, the group organizer (captain) should register and, in the box below, indicate others in the group. Then those other group members can register using the group rate at checkout. Four are needed to start the group but additional members can add themselves to the group by mentioning their group leader’s name.
EMDR Advanced Training and Distance Learning, LLC (EMDR ATDL) maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards and is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (ACEP #6709) to offer masters level clinician CEs. Advanced Psychotherapy Trainings (APT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. EMDR ATDL and APT maintain responsibility for this program and its content.
Registration questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Program content questions to email@example.com